LWVSC Centennial Committee
Our main mission is to plan our commemoration of the 100th anniversaries of women obtaining the vote in the United State, including:
- The passing of the 19th Amendment in the U.S. House and Senate in May and June, 1919
- The founding of the League of Women Voters in February, 1920
- The certification of the 19th Amendment on August 26, 1920
Learn More about Our Work
The Centennial Committee meets monthly to share our research and our ideas, and to plan how we can help the LWVSC commemorate the upcoming historic events. We will:
- Develop a display for the Centennial kickoff event at the LWVWA State Convention in June, 2019, as well as other events.
- Help the units in charge of our birthday celebrations and annual meetings in 2019 and 2020.
- Educate our fellow League members and the public on the key issues and milestones of the suffrage movement and the League of Women Voters.