Click the arrow to contribute to the specified fund.
You can help the League advocate for a free, fair, and accessible democracy. Please support our efforts by making a donation today!
This donation is NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE. The League of Women Voters of Snohomish County is a 501(C)(4) organization, and can use these funds to promote legislation that reflects LWV principles, along with the League's many other activities. To make a donation BY MAIL, please open, complete, and print our Donation Form, then mail it with your check to the address on the form.
If you wish to make a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation, consider contributing to the League of Women Voters Education Fund, a 501(C )(3) organization maintained by the Washington State League. By using this link, you can designate your contribution for the Snohomish County League in the drop-down menu.
Your gift will support local nonpartisan educational projects that help citizens to better understand major public policy issues and to become more active and informed participants in their communities.
- They Represent You (TRY): Published annually by the League, this brochure lists your elected officials, with information on how to contact them. TRY brochures also contain information about voting and voter registration.
- Your Voice Matters: our brochure providing tips for speaking up at public hearings.
- Our Democracy in Action Award, recognizing an individual or organization in our community that has made notable contributions to democracy.
- Candidate Forums and Issue Forums: Each year, our League presents an array of opportunities to connect with candidates for local offices and learn about emerging issues.
LWVSC maintains a sponsorship fund to provide assistance to members with their dues. If you'd like to sponsor a specific member, please contact our Treasurer after making a donation.
Explore other ways to donate
You may want to consider a donation via a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from your IRA account to the League of Women Voters Education Fund.
When does an IRA charitable rollover donation make sense?
- When you are age 70 ½ or older at the time you make your gift
- When you have either a traditional or Roth IRA account
- When you do not need to claim charitable gifts as itemized deductions—the gift from your IRA will not be available as an income tax charitable deduction but will instead reduce your taxable income
- When your total IRA charitable rollover gifts in the year are less than $100,000
- When you have not already taken your full RMD for the year in which you want to make your gift
If the conditions above are right for your situation, contact your IRA Administrative Manager for additional information. You will need to provide your IRA administrator with the following details in order to initiate the charitable rollover donation:
- Legal Name: LWV of Washington Education Fund
- The mailing address:
Cathy Liu Scott, Treasurer
LWV Education Fund
PO Box 1146
Everett, WA 98206-1146