Thank you to Rita Ireland for providing this observer report! Members can read the full report and City's response here.
- An exploratory first meeting of 18 various leaders and representatives of local
environmental groups and organizations to share environmental concerns with
Edmonds Mayor Nelson and Director of Development Services, Susan McLaughlin.
- As a collective, the group’s concern was solely about improving the 2023
Climate Action Plan & its implementation.
- Representatives of the community (i.e. LWVSC) presented a “unified voice” to
implement the still relevant Edmonds 2010 Climate Action Plan (CAP) into the
2023 CAP – which does not have an Implementation Plan.
- Read aloud by group leader, Georgina Armstrong, the request was that the
current plan did not have a strong implementation or “workhorse” of objectives,
including a clear matrix of indicators of success and accountability.
- Secondly, a strong emphasis was made to hire a Climate Action Manager to
coordinate between city staff, lead Tristan Sewel, and the Planning Development